Real Friends vs. The Other Kind
Based on Book 2 of Middle School Confidential, Real Friends vs. The Other Kind, is a special workshop designed to help kids understand why healthy friendships are the only kind worth having. Through games, brain-storming, discussion, and writing reflections, kids gain confidence in creating and maintaining real friendships while acquiring the all-important key to relationship success… becoming your own best friend.
This workshop provides kids with the tools to:
- Understand why everyone needs real friends — What happens when you’ve got trust, respect, and honesty? What happens when you don’t?
- Annie’s workshops touched off a chain reaction throughout our council of parents saying, ‘We need that!’ and her trainings deliver the goods.—Terri Hague, Sr Program Dir, Girl Scouts SF
- Recognize how your choices matter — Your choices and your friends should reflect your values. Do they?
- Resolve conflicts peacefully — When a friendship hits a rough spots how can you get it back on track?
Other topics covered include:
- Stress and the art of re-centering
- Bully-proofing yourself
- Dealing with “mean people”
- Moving on when you’ve outgrown a friend or a friend has outgrown you