21st Century Parenting
Parenting has never been a walk in the park, but we face challenges like nothing our parents ever dealt with. Yet how many of us have upgraded our parenting skills to match the needs of the current generation of kids?
Whenever we unconsciously fall back on the same things our parents said and did a generation ago, parent-child relationships may suffer. That’s why we owe it to our daughters, to our sons and to ourselves to create healthy parent-child relationships in the here and now.
Annie has a profound understanding of family dynamics. She enthusiastically shares what she knows about parenting in a down-to-earth, non-judgmental way—with lots of compassion, humor and practical steps for making changes.An Annie Fox Parent Education Event is an excellent opportunity for parents of 5th-12th graders to:
- Tune in to your kids’ emotional/psychological development
Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom and insight... Your talk wonderfully balanced expert opinions and research with... anecdotal stories. Our parents... left feeling empowered... in dealing with our middle schoolers.—Tina Bird, PTO Vice President Hillview Middle School,
Menlo Park, CA
- Improve your own stress management skills so you can parent more effectively
- Broaden your definition of parental “success”
- Practice the art of compassionate listening to transform parent-teen relationships from combative lectures into productive dialogues.
- Lighten up and enjoy your child’s adolescence (yes, it’s possible!)