Even though parenting is an art and not a science, practical approaches to every-day challenges can actually move your parent-child relationship in a healthier direction. My parenting tips offer step-by-step methods for dealing with specific parenting challenges... And they work! So have a look.
- A Parent’s Pledge to Raise a Responsible Digital Citizen — guidelines for kids online, because without adults on the “digital playground” kids often behave badly
- Dealing with Friendship Challenges — tips for helping kids and teens deal with the hurt of friendship betrayal
- Teaching Your Daughter Relationship Smarts — guidelines for helping girls navigate through the Boyfriend/Girlfriend Zone
- Traveling with Teens — how to have a happier time on vacation with your teens by getting their input and modeling flexibility
- Improving Parent-Teen Relationships — help for parents in staying calm and mindful of their role during all kinds of teen-generated challenges
- Surviving Mean Girls or Guys — empowering messages for kids and their parents when dealing with bullying or harassment problems
- A Family Meeting Plan — how to set up a safe venue for resolving family issues
- Guiding Teens through an Emotional Time — a step-by-step process for helping you help your son/daughter to calm down and think clearly about a problem at hand
- Cyber Safety Resources — Internet Safety Resources for Parents and Kids (educate yourself and your child)
Parenting books can also provide tremendous insight and support when you're feeling overwhelmed and confused. They can also help prepare you for what might be coming next in your child’s life.
As always, If you’ve got a problem that needs an outside perspective, please email me. I'm here to help.